Saturday, March 25, 2006

On again, off again...

Good Morning! Frequently, when I come here thinking I might post, the site won't allow me to write. No cursor. Hitting keys accomplishes nothing. It's frustrating, and I'm not blog-wise enough to know how to work around it. So, Cassie, here is your new post. And it is exciting! I wish an experienced blogger would tell me how to make paragraphs. When I hit return to space down for a new paragraph, the cursor disappears and nothing happens. It is a wonderful Saturday morning, after a hideous week -- I'll be meeting with my Lenten Study group this morning, and having tea with good friends this afternoon. I so need a day of good things. Last weekend was cut quite short because I spent 8 hours on Saturday in a class called, Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention. This was a class in learning to restrain students safely. I've been doing it all wrong. Mind you, I'm a school counselor, not a cop, not a prison guard. And in the last couple of weeks, my two elementary schools have had to call police 3 times for out-of-control students. In my 19 year career, I have been involved in restrains no more than 3 times, which is good. One of those involved a special ed student with a behavior disorder. The other two times were with a little guy who was playing us. The smarter thing for us to do would have been to say, "Go ahead. Run. I'm not chasing you." Instead, we played into his game. In my sphere, restraining a child is just not really needed, but it is good to know what to do if something ever happens. Meanwhile, I'm just feeling a lot of stress in general. I miss having a dog. I'm feeling just a little lonely around the house (the last time I felt like this ended in a disastrous pseudo-marriage, so I'm not leaving home). And I don't like the nail color I got yesterday. I notice my kids always post about specific subjects. I just seem to ramble...

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Since I don't get to sit at the computer too often I compose my posts in Word and copy and paste them into the blogger spot. Therefore the paragraphs are already there. Also if you type in "edit html" mode instead of the "compose" mode it allows paragraphs.