Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Red Tricycle, cont.

...and it continues. The red trike went down for a nap with him today. I've known men who wished they could take their new cars, motorcycles, RVs, to bed with them. The little guy has it next to his bed - mama said she had to draw the line somewhere, but also thanked me for giving her a new weapon in the war of diaper changing. While we talked on the phone this morning, he turned the trike upside down and said he "needa fixit." Which he did with daddy's tire gauge. Daddy is his hero, and he imitates everything daddy does. He hasn't picked up the language yet, and I can hope he won't, but judging by what I hear at work, it's only a matter of time. When did parents stop caring what their children hear? My son in law is a good guy who puts his family above everything else. He has a great sense of humor that fits well with DD's. When the newborn little guy was allowed to go home from hospital, but the new mama wasn't, the son in law wouldn't have any part of me looking after the baby; he was the daddy, and he would do it. And he does. If the little guy needs a good model, he has one. He will learn good values imitating his daddy (and perhaps some exciting language!).

7 comments:

Steve said...

Language? You mean like Cambodian?

Cassie said...

My husband does so watch his language around Jack. You've noticed he never says "beer" he just refers to it as Daddy's poppy that Jack's not allowed to drink.

PS Jacky wore his helmet in the car on the way home from the beach.

Seeker said...

Interesting. You have to repeat most things many times until they learn 'em, but they only need to hear the "colorful" words once....

Gramma said...

Yeah, if there is one thing I get a lot of at work, it's kids repeating Cambodian, Steve. I sure enjoy your input, my son.

I'm glad he is so proud of his helmet and 'bike.' And I know his daddy is careful; he's a good guy.

Welcome, Seeker. Glad you found me. Hope you will be back. Yeah, and they learn how and when to use the language without prompting, don't they? I remember my own DD...

Cassie said...

HEY!

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seeker said...

I keep coming back, but you're not blogging...