Sunday, May 21, 2006

...and we're Back!


Blogger is so temperamental! It's been such a nice, laid-back weekend. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours with the little guy so his mama could attend a baby shower. We just had fun, swept the kitchen floor (he is fascinated by the broom), did some dishes, filled the pool, enjoyed the sunshine. Later on we put in a VeggieTales cd and he snuggled in my arms while we watched. It felt so normal to be taking care of a little person and putzing about the house, and I thought how much I miss those happy days when my own DS and DD were little. This morning the little guy called me, "Yaya!" he yells. "What?" I holler back. "Doin'?" he yells. We have the same conversation repeatedly until he gets bored and moves on. Today was a little different. Today he pushed the button for speakerphone. "Yaya!" he yelled. "What?" I yelled back. "Yaya! What doin' in dere?" he asked... and in the background I heard DD explaining how Yaya gets really little and climbs inside the telephone... Meanwhile, if I work it right, here is a picture of the Christmas stocking I am stitching for one of the other little grands.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

You forgot to mention about the "swimmer" in the pool. Ahh, might be better not to...

Seeker said...

Don't tell me, you had a "floater"?
hee hee

I love those conversations with 2-year-olds. It's a whole new language.

That cross-stitch is pretty detailed... will it be done in time for Christmas?

Gramma said...

It isn't as detailed as it might look, Seeker. I'm confident it will be ready for Christmas. This is my 3rd of 4. I'm taking care of the Houston grands first. They are the ones I don't get to see as often. The youngest will be 2 next month, and he will receive the current stocking. I love those conversations also - they are so fun. I love when they hold up something and show it to me over the phone. In fact, the oldest gave me a whole tour of his bedroom over the phone...

Cassie said...

Jacky showed you his pen over the phone and got quite upset when you didn't immediately "notice" and compliment it.

Yes Seeker, a "floater", at least he didn't go in front of the garage door this time... Why can't he just pee like normal little boys? Take off his diaper and uh oh! Gotta go!

Kirsten said...

Holy toledo, Gramma! I admire your patience with the stocking. It looks fantastic.
Cassie, just wait until he's potty training and starts giving them names...