Sunday, June 18, 2006

Aaahhhh....

Made it. Summer break. Nine weeks of lazy bliss. My first class starts a week from tomorrow, up north, so it will be a daily drive (not all that far, I'm going for the element of drama here) for five days. It's called Special Education for All. I'll learn more about writing IEPs, BIPs, SLPs...more about the WACs and the federal regulations that govern special ed. Anyway, shortly after that I'll head to tropical Houston so I can play jungle gym for the grands for a few days. I have some other classes coming up later in the summer, before it's time, in August, to go back for training days and start preparing for the start of school. Spent today and yesterday just putting things away. Threw out a week's worth of unread newspapers (no time lately), unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, put away the shoes (a plethora of shoes), the birdcage with the peanut in it, the small deck table, Jack's bucket, broom, pushtoy, garden tools, art supplies, books, laundry... Now, if someone would dust and vacuum, this place would be almost ready for company. I'm already planning the menu for when I have the girls over for lunch. And my buddy and I are going to have art classes and teach each other what we learned at the Letters of Joy conference in May. I'm doing some drawing and cartooning, stitching, knitting, and now that my flower bed is cleaned out, I need to get some plants to fill it in. Busy days!

3 comments:

Seeker said...

Busy, yes, but it's fun kind of busy.
Ahhhhh.

Gramma said...

The kind of busy that I enjoy; the kind of busy that I can do because I have a job that supports me, and that gives me the time I need. I love this kind of busy.

Hannelie said...

You sound as if you have such a happy full life Gramma. Speaking of unread newspapers, I do that alot, they lie here and I just don't get to them and then I toss them out! I found that the television news is mostly updated from the paper so I didn't miss any news worthy stuff.
Do you enjoy your work as a teacher, I am tossing up studying and are not sure if I should chose teaching or nursing?
One day I really want to be a nurse, the next day I really want to be a teacher! Frustrating!