Friday, June 9, 2006

Jiggedy Jig, It's Friday Again

And I don't have anything to post that anyone would want to read. Today's highlights: I made a CPS report, I counseled two first-graders who both claimed ownership of the orange pencil sharpener, I nagged a fifth grade teacher until he gave me his nominations for the President's Award for Academic Excellence, we had a chocolate dipping fountain at my afternoon school, complete with apples and strawberries and other things to dip, I counseled two first-graders who didn't know how to behave with a substitute teacher, prepared President's Award certificates, and finished the day bitc--gossping in the staff room with friends. Shortly I'll head over to DD's. I'm invited to dinner so I can watch Jack afterwards, while they go grocery shopping. She bribed me. "We've got pot roast and Tim's (local potato chips)." I'll take a book and my stitching, in case Jack slows down. Meanwhile, I have a basket of laundry to fold, 2 or 3 piles of laundry to do in my bedroom, and a carpet that is crying out for a vacuum cleaner. Maybe there will be time tomorrow. Meanwhile, I have a life...(I guess)

5 comments:

Seeker said...

Hope you had fun with Jack. Don't even think about the laundry and vacuuming. They'll still be waiting tomorrow. Meanwhile, you and Jack are making memories.

Gramma said...

You're right, Seeker. I guess that's the primary job of a grandparent, making happy memories for the child. And part of those happy memories is the assurance that the child is loved beyond reason. This is how I feel about all my beautiful grands!

Cassie said...

We didn't go shopping last night, we went this morning. We took Jack and he was a good boy. Although he's under the weather so he wanted to "snuggy mama" the whole time. I had to lean down so he could put his head on my chest, meanwhile pushing the cart and getting groceries but all in all it was an easier trip than usual w/both the baby and the husband.

MrsAngelena said...

Great blog! You have done nice work on your blog! I am enjoying reading it!

Mrs Angelena

http://www.mrsangelena.blogspot.com/

Gramma said...

Thanks, Angelena. I'm so glad you came to visit. When I learn how, I'll post a link to your blog.