Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Creativity takes a backseat in this weather...

Really, I could hardly wait to get working on my quilt, but it has been so hot I didn't want to sweat all over that pretty material. It's also been too hot to work on the baby's Christmas stocking. During last night we finally began to have some relief. The weathercaster said the Pacific Ocean is our best air conditioner, and it was moving in on us somehow, sending cooler air our way. It was at least 15 degrees cooler today, and most welcome. Maybe we're done with the awful heat now, although we are having a water shortage. There are a number of wild fires in these northwestern states. I'll be praying for the rain that will replenish our water supplies, and put out the fires.

And maybe, tomorrow, I'll get out the sewing machine.

1 comment:

Seeker said...

Is the quilt for you, or one of the kids? Don't forget to post pictures of your progress.
Much cooler here this morning, and looks like rain. That means one less time I have to drag the hose out to water the gardena.
yay.