Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving! Why, yes it was...

Son in law must have worked hard because it was a great meal. He did sweet potatoes in a candied orange sauce that was new to me, and delicious. And he always makes a large, generous bowl of REAL mashed potatoes. We had turkey with dressing, of course, and an excellent green bean casserole (my contribution), and all-in-all it was a great meal.

After dinner, Jack and I retired to the bedroom to play, while Mama read the paper and Daddy fell asleep in his recliner. We played with Bob Da Mato. We put him to bed, gave him a binky, and sang to him. Then we tucked in the big rubber ball and gave it a binky... After we tired of putting the toys to bed, we played ring-around-the-rosy, we sang the ABC song a few times, we played catch...it was so fun. After a while my bottom just couldn't take floor, and we retired to the living room, where Jack tucked his blanket around Daddy, and tucked his stuffed puppy under the blanket, too.

I must add that one of the highlights of the day was the phone call this morning. I answered the phone to hear a dainty little princess wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving. The princess is 4. She is smart, funny, and beautiful, and I hardly understand a word she says on the phone (I really think it's my hearing, not her talking). Then her big brother wished me a Happy Thanksgiving and ignored me for a while. I don't know what happens to their dad when they call. It's almost as if he fades into the ether. At any rate, it was wonderful to talk to my little ones in Texas. I surely do miss them.

I hope all the rest of you had as nice a day as I did.

2 comments:

Hliza said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there! Glad you enjoyed it..

Seeker said...

You had a fun day! Those grandkids make it special, don't they?