Friday, January 12, 2007

Poor Me!

We are having some freak weather out here. Windstorms, snow, ice...no, I don't think it is global warming, nor do I think it is God's judgement. I think every few years we have freaky weather, and this is our year.

School was canceled Wednesday, started with a 2-hour delay yesterday, and is canceled again today. And I am stuck here in this warm, cozy little house with a fireplace, a tv, a stack of books, my xstitching, and my quilt. With school closed Monday for Martin Luther King, Jr, I am enduring a four-day weekend. I don't care for the idea of going to school until the 4th of July to make up missed days, but I'd rather that than to be out driving on icy sheets of glass.

The next big question is what to do first? I worked on my stitching while I watched Ellen; she is a favorite, and I don't get to indulge in her show very often. Now I am thinking of getting dressed. You can see the struggle.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Wow, CPSD cancelled school? Twice in one year?! I thought sure that was sign #4 of the Apocalypse...

Seeker said...

12:08pm and still in pj's? Why bother getting dressed....

Cassie said...

I was surprised school was canceled but not to worry Steve. They closed school on the two days that roads weren't that bad. They left them open the one day the roads were super duper bad. They aren't that smart.

Hannelie said...

It sounds to me like too much fun!!
Enjoy!! Why not!