Sunday, January 13, 2008

I just cringe...

Friday morning I was sleeping peacefully, alert enough to be waiting for the alarm to get me up. The phone rang instead; it was the secretary at school calling to ask me if I was going to work that day. I called her back after a brief moment of thought, and asked her to put me in for a sick day. I've been fighting this cold, and going in to work each day, and had worked late the day before, so I felt justified. Actually, I felt "just-as-if-I'd" hit a brick wall. I just couldn't go anymore. I realized recently that when one school closed three years ago, my two schools absorbed all of those children. In my job, I am working with 3 schools' worth of children.

Something will have to change. Looks like I'm going to have to take responsibility to be the catalyst that causes change. My district doesn't care. They will continue to take advantage of me as long as I permit it.

2 comments:

Jo and JD said...

Amen to that...

The "I don't care, it's not my problem" attitude seems to be the rule instead of the exception any more. I'm cheering you on as you try to bring about some change.

Java said...

Good on ya Gramma, you know what you are worth and stick to that.