Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Conversation

Me: Where are your socks?
Him: I'm not wearing any socks.
Me: I see that. Didn't you have socks on when you got here?
Him: What?
Me: When I picked you up, weren't you wearing socks with your shoes?
Him: When you picked me up?
Me: Yes. Didn't you have socks on then?
Him: When?
Me: When I went to your house and picked you up.
Him: What?
Me: Where are your socks?
Him: Where are my socks?
Me: Yes, where are they?
Him: I'm not wearing any socks.
Me: I see that. Did you take them off?
Him: What?

This is a conversation Jack and I had a couple of days ago.

Also, What was in dere, Yaya?
Me: That was donuts.
Him: I want a donut.
Me: I bet you do. You love donuts. But they're all gone.
Him: I want you to go to the store and buy some donuts. And den you will say, "Do you want a donut, Jack?" And I will say, "Yes."

It's a small thing, to think I could carry on a logical conversation with a four-year-old.

2 comments:

Java said...

Oh bless his soul that is soooo cute!!!

Jo said...

Those conversations sound so familiar to me..... Oh I know why, They are like the ones I have with my 4 year old grandson. Our conversations usually end with Riley telling me how silly I am.

You just have to love them.