Saturday, March 1, 2008

Getting Better

After a month of coughing, I am beginning to feel healthier. Apparently mucinex really does help, just like it says on tv. We had 3 days of inservice training this week. I was confused, and missed one of them. One of my principals does not accept that still am recovering. Seems like I can't do anything right for her. I have talked with my annuity guy. It looks like working another 3-6 years is a must. I would prefer to find a man who financially comfortable who wants to spoil me. How likely is that?

This is a pleasant Saturday morning. The cable man is supposed to show up today and figure out why my screen is so fuzzy and why the sound has that buzz in it. Also, the housekeeper my friends hired at Christmas is coming back to do her final 4 hours of housework. Who could ask for more?

I had Jack for a while last night until about 7ish. We had to go to Target where I successfully resisted looking at toys ( "I don't want to buy one, Yaya. I just want to wook at dem.") We bought some 'grilly cheese' for him and some cookies. As we walked in the door, he was tearing the wrapper of his grilly cheese and rushing to the microwave to heat it, 3 seconds at a time.I allowed him to defrost a pb&j a couple of days ago, 3 sec at a time so it wouldn't get too hot for him. So I guess he learned that is how to do the microwave.

In Houston at Christmas, I had the Apple draw a picture of Bob the Tomato and Larry Cucumber for me. Jack noticed it on the refridgerator and asked about it. This week he traced his hand and taped it on the wall, with about 47 pieces of tape. A day or so later he used watercolor markers to make a pattern resembling a tic-tac-toe board with many different colors, and he taped that on the wall, too. It reminds me of his mom: when she was little, she cut out and taped to the wall a picture of Mr Rogers, her hero. She put him in the dining room. I think it is so cute.

1 comment:

Java said...

Hi, glad you are feeling better. I'm in week 2 of my cold :0(
Jack is so cute, you are such a good Gramma, can I hire you too? :-)