Tuesday, November 4, 2008

we made it through

and at times I wondered if we would. I got through about 50 telephone polls. I did not vote for incumbent Senator Mike Carrell. Too bad he did not see fit to answer my email. If that was petty of me, then that is my right as an American to not vote for someone for whatever reason. Besides I don't like his signs.

I threw away my vote. I did not feel "good" about either major party candidate, and I voted Libertarian. So there. At least I voted and I have the right to bitch my heart out re those who ar enow in power.

Here is something I found in an old book of Shakespeare's plays:
"Mt workj is something I do, not what I am. What I am is far greater than anything I can do.


As soon as I kow where I will be working when I go back Dec 1, I will have new business cards made, and I will include that phrase. It is a lovely sermon summed up in two sentences.

Lately I have been able to xstitch again. Still working on the second to last Christmas stocking, but eager to begin a sweet little teapot for a friend.

I attended a different church Sunday: The Episcopal church. It was great and I loved it. I felt I had "been to church" for the first time in many years. I think I will try it again next week.

1 comment:

Steve said...

I'm happy that you voted. I have voted Libertarian in several elections; it's not a bad way to go.

I'm also glad to hear that you are happy with the church you went to last week. Keep it up, a strong faith is important.