Sunday, March 15, 2009

More creativity


I took a class last Sunday down at The Bead Factory in Tacoma. It was called "The Art of the Rosary." I am new to beading, and do not want or need another hobby that will cause me to collect more stuff. However, I enjoy praying the rosary as meditation and to feel spiritually connected to what is so much larger than a mere human, so I thought I would enjoy learning to make one. I did make one, using small pink beads shaped somewhat like shells. Since then I made another rosary, using oval glass turquoise-colored beads. Or maybe they are peacock blue. I'm not sure. I'm improving on my loops, but still am not confident. If you could see how often I am putting pieces back together, you would understand. I think I have a photo of the first one to show you.

No comments: