Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It always feels good to get home

I may not always appreciate my home, but when I've been away, there's no place like it. Just home this evening from Texas where I visited my son and his beautiful wife and their three little Texans. It was a hectic week, and things I hoped to do with the kids were left undone.

I just wasn't feeling as good this time, and the meds I'm taking for the sciatica put me to sleep routinely during the day. Nevertheless, I think I could have done more. Now I am deciding that bedtime is the better part of valor for the rest of the evening.

Everyone down Houston way is healthy and apparently happy, even the Apple who gets pretty mad at his Dad sometimes.

The dog just about did backflips when I got home. She must have been terribly lonely, poor baby. Maybe next time I should kennel her. I'll have to think about that. She did help me finish my supper, and she is a good girl overall.

Ok, you talked me into it. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Well, we enjoyed having you, and you're always welcome to head down to visit.