Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust

I guess by the time a woman reaches my age and is still single, either she is way too picky or all the reasonably good ones are gone.

I do get lonely, and often wish I had someone in my life. A person I had been seeing I am seeing no longer. He had no interest in what makes me tick: that would be my writing or my art, or my fabulous grandchildren.

The man who is right for me will be interested in me. He will want to get to know me better through my writing and my artwork, he will want to meet my grands. He will want to be in my life.

I already had my time with him, and am sorry that it didn't last. We were together about 3 and a half years, and that was some time ago. I often think about my first divorce and I have regrets. It is too bad he was too stubborn to tell me he was wrong. I know there was a moment there that he wanted to get back together.

So, I regret missed opportunities. And I regret all those damn toads I have kissed along the way.

3 comments:

blueladie said...

You are so right Sherry and he will come. Have faith! I found mine. Believe me it's possible!
:D
Love you,
Cathryn

LeslieJane said...

I have decided to enjoy my life without someone else in it. I still believe I might eventually find that someone, if not in this life at least in the next one, but I am not letting it spoil what I have. Think, I can do what I want, when I want, without havng to worry that my significant other might not enjoy it.

Enjoy what you have, especially your grandchildren.

Leslie Jane

Gramma said...

Thanks for stopping by, Leslie. I am glad to make your acquaintance. You might be interested in the Yahoo group, CozyArmchairGroup, which is a group of readers and writers of cozy mysteries. I appreciate your comments.