Monday, April 5, 2010

Rites of Passage

No kid ever left childhood with all his baby teeth intact. I love this picture of Jack with the space from which where his first tooth fell. He really cashed in--got $5.00 for this first tooth. I remember sometimes getting a quarter if the tooth was a big one, like a molar, but most of my teeth were worth dimes. Inflation, I guess. Well, I know he is on track developmentally, doing all the right things at the right times, even if he was a little late walking.

That household is celebrating another rite of passage. The twins are in panties now, instead of diapers. Erica had an accident this evening and it seemed to upset her. I found my son easier to train than my daughter. We'll see how this works out for DD's family. My Cassie was a little flirt; if there was a man visiting at the house, she would insist that he take her to the potty. She doesn't do that anymore. I wonder what she will think if she reads this.

I hate to see the kids growing up. What I hate even more is missing the Texans' growing up. That family simply will not send pictures. I even bought Steve a digital camera, but it didn't make a difference. I don't know what the deal is there. Maybe it is a side effect of living in Houston.

3 comments:

blueladie said...

It's hard missing the grandbabies (in Houston), but as grandparents there is little we can do. Perhaps that is why God gave you such a special gift in Jack. :)
love, Cathryn

Steve said...

I'm not very bright, so if there was any subtle message in this post, I may have missed it...

Cassie said...

I certainly wouldn't tell YOU if I request random male visitors to take me to the bathroom. ;)